I am unable to get apps from the store on my Surface Pro 4 tablet. When I open store app in Windows 10 and try to download any app or game that I had never before, a grey box appears and shows the error message “Try again later. Something happened on our end”. How can I resolve the problem? Continue reading
I have the old Photo Viewer on my Windows 7 computer and it is easy to use. However, after upgrade to Windows 10 anniversary update, I could not figure out how to pick up and print multiple photos on one sheet. Now I would like to deal with 2 or more items in photo app to have four 3 x 6 photos on one page. I don’t want to print one photo per page for my projects. Any way to resolve the problem? Continue reading
I have installed Mitel MiCollab Client and Skype in Windows 10 on my Surface Pro 4 tablet. When I open the Office Outlook 2016 software, I notice that it doesn’t show up the Presence Icons, such as the skype for business status, Green, Red squares beside names). Other Office apps like SharePoint client are also missing presence information. Continue reading
If the file is really being in use with some app or program, you won’t be able to delete or move it and also get a error message “the file is locked”. Because Windows locks it for editing and prevents others making changes with it. Without having to restart the system to resolve the problem, the file unlocker software also do the job well in Windows 10. Continue reading
The ribbon menu of File Explorer in Windows 10 includes many tasks such as Cut-Copy-Paste, Select, Share, and comes with new UI. The New Item in the Home tab allows users to quickly create a new file of a certain type, without right-click to get context menu. Here are the how-to tutorials for that. Continue reading
I have upgraded my computer from Win 8.1 to Windows 10 Anniversary Update and face a weird issue. When I use mouse to right click on any folder or image, the Windows explorer has stopped working and hangs. Sometimes I right-click a file from my Desktop or anywhere, that also causes the opened File Explorer crashing briefly and then comes back. Making a reboot can get rid of that, but it will occur after you shut down the device. Continue reading
When I open Start menu and try to shut down my Surface Pro tablet or other Windows 10 computer, the system always run into slowing process and sometimes displays the error message “Task host window is stopping background tasks (\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate\Automatic App Update)”. But there is no any open app and programs so I have to hold down the power button to force shutting down. Any way to prevent this from happening or speed it up? Continue reading
The Page Prediction technique is available in Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome and Opera browsers and used for improving the speed of browsing, and also making your overall experience better. However, it will track and share your visiting websites, typing words and the purchases you make. If you would like to stop the prying eyes with your privacy and save your bandwidth in Windows 10, the best method is to turn it off completely through setting. Continue reading
With Microsoft Account, you are able to sync your apps, settings and the user setting across Windows 10 tablet, computer and Laptops. After I upgrade my Surface Pro 3 to Windows 10 Anniversary Update, the system keeps popping up the annoying notification in the bottom right corner of screen with the “You need to fix your Microsoft Account for apps on your other devices to be able to launch apps and continue experiences on this device.” message. How can I resolve it?
If the “You need to fix your Microsoft Account for apps on your devices…” notification keep appearing after logged in Windows 10, that always happen with any of Windows 10 builds Version 1607 or higher. Here are some useful tips to get rid of it.
* That might be a temporary glitch, so you could use this way to fix the issue. First log out the system, use your local account password to sign in and then switched to MSA to check if it still persists.
* Download Microsoft Accounts troubleshooter via the link.
* Double click on the microsoftaccounts.diagcab file to run it, check “Apply repairs automatically” box, click Next. The tool will find the problem and resolve them automatically
If your email account have enabled two-step verification, try the method to confirm the security information.
* First make sure you have logged into your Microsoft Account
* From your desktop, tap or click on the Start button and open the Setting app.
* Click on the Accounts category, and select the Your account tab.
* In the right side pane, under the “You need to verify your identity on this PC” heading, click on Verify option and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the process. To receive a code, you need to type the same Email ID or Phone number which is used for creating your current Outlook or Hotmail account.
If it is not working at all, a solution is to disable Action Center notifications completely.
* Press Win + R keys, type regedit and hit Enter to open the Registry Editor.
* Go to the location below in the left pane:
* In its right side pane, right-click on any empty space, select New > DWORD (32-bit) to create a new string, and change its name to DisableNotificationCenter.
* Then double click on DisableNotificationCenter, set its value data to 1, and click OK.
The Delegate Access feature in Outlook 2016/2013 version offers a way for you to create a delegate for allowing someone else to manage and read only your meeting requests and responses, without having the appropriate permissions to access your inbox emails. To add a delegate, open start page of Outlook application, click Account > Delegate Access, and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the process. It is helpful for another person to respond your communications officially, but for some reason you might notice that Delegate Access option is missing and unavailable inside and here is the method to restore it. Continue reading