I use the built-in Mail app in Windows 10 Enterprise version on my Surface Pro 4 and it worked fine since the recent updates. All embedded pictures are replaced by a small X icon and don’t display anymore in the email message from my friends. It alters “The linked image cannot be displayed. The file may have been moved, renamed, or deleted.” I test my POP and corporate accounts and they are not visible. If I use the same account on other PC, they are fine. How can I resolve the problem?
How to fix Sender Pictures not displaying in message of Mail App in Windows 10
The Sender Pictures may have been disabled in Windows 10 Mail App. You’d better turn the feature on again.
* Within the Mail app, go to the left-bottom corner and click the gear icon to open the Settings menu.
* Click on “Reading pane” option.
* Scroll down to the External content heading, check the “Apply to all accounts” box, and turn on “Automatically download external images and style formats”. Then return to one of your mail message with images to check if it is fine. The issue is fixed for Mail version 16005.
If it still doesn’t take effect, you could switch to third-part email program or try the method below:
* First open the Mail app, click on the Settings button at the bottom of the left pane, and select Manage Accounts option. Click on the account to delete the email account.
* Open the Settings app, go to Apps > Apps & features, select the Mail and Calendar app. Click the Advanced options link > Reset button, and confirm that.
* The next step is to restart the Windows 10.
* Once you log into your desktop, go to add your email account back in Mail app. Now the image will be appearing again.