I have already pinned some icons to my taskbar in Windows 10 on my Surface Pro 3. After I install the recent update version v1803 and click any one to open it, they become invisible and there are only the space with the line. That takes effect with the calculator, Edge borwser, and settings apps. I run the sfc and DISM commands but nothing works. I could not find a way to restore the icons. How can I resolve the problem?
I create a new account and the icons appear in the taskbar, so it is imply a corrupted user profile. I tyr to move my files from the corrupted user profile to the new one. However, within the User Profiles, the copy option is grayed out.
How to fix Pinned Apps icons invisible from taskbar in Windows 10 v1803
* Open the File Explorer, click on the View tab, and check on the Hidden items box in the ribbon to view the hidden files.
* Navigate to the location below:
* From there, locate the IconCache.db file and delete it completely. Then restart the Windows 10.
If you use the Start 10 software as the organ shell and replace the start menu, the method is not working. You could do a system restore. But when the restore points have been removed, you have to do an in-place reinstall of Windows 10.
* Use the Media Creation tool to get Windows 10 Disc Image ISO File, and follow the instructions to create the installation media and begin the setup process.
* Then choose Custom option to keep your installed apps and finish that. Once you’ve done, the Edge and other icons are visible in the taskbar.