Microsoft Digital Image is a digital image editing program with full capabilities. I purchased the anniversary edition and used it frequently on my Windows 7 computer. However, after upgraded my PC to Windows 10 64-bit platform, it is not working at all. When I try to install Digital Image, the setup wizard prohibits, because the Internet Explorer 6 is not running. I don’t want to switch to another photo editing program. How can I resolve the problem?
Install Microsoft Digital Image Suite on Windows 10
* First close all running programs and open documents.
* Double click on the Digital Image Suite setup file from you original disk.
* If the User Account Control promptes you to give permission, just authorize it.
* Select a few options available. When it says “The Windows Update: Internet Explorer and Internet Tools cannot be installed on this computer. This product does not install on 64-bit platforms.” message, click OK button to contunie.
* You will get the second usual error “Setup has detected that Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0 installation was not completed. The installation may have been cancelled, or you may not have enough free space on your disk.” Don’t click it.
Return to your desktop, press the Win+X from your keyboard, click on Shut down or sign out > Sign out.
* Window 10 wait for intervention and cannot carry the operation. Wait a few seconds to sign in again, click on Cancel button > OK. Now the installation runs well.
* First you need to have a empty available disk on your PC. And use it to install Windows 8.1 x64 bit. You can try the way below on other Win 8.1 machine.
* Boot to Win 8.1, and install Microsoft Digital Image 2006. Then install the Total Uninstall software and use it to backup up MDI to external USB flash.
* Return to Windows 10 x64 system, run the Total Uninstall, and restore your MDI data from external USB. However, the MDI still can not be executed. You need to reinstall MDI from installation disk and everything works fine.