The Timeline feature has been enabled in Windows 10 version 1803 on my Surface Pro 3. It can show my tasks and virtual desktops, but doesn’t show my past activities. When I create a new virtual desktop, I just get “Use your PC more for activities” and nothing else. I log as my online Microsoft account and use it to sync, so my personal information is uploaded and collected. Running SFC and DISM utilities finds no corruption file. How can I resolve the problem and get it working on my tablet?
How to fix Timeline Activity not showing up in Windows 10 v1803 update
Setup your Privacy
* Open the Settings app, navigate to Privacy > Activity History.
* Go to its right side pane, locate those options, including
Let Windows collect my activities,
Let Windows Sync my activities,
Show activities from accounts.
Make sure they are enabled on that page.
Verify the registry entries
* Press Win + R from your keyboard, type regedit in Run dialog box, and press OK button.
* Within the left pane of Registry Editor, expand the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE folder, and go to its sub-tree below:
* Select the System folder, go to its right side pane, check if those variables have the correct value data:
Make sure they are DWORD values and set to 1. If not, double click on it and change the value data one by one .
* The final step is very important. You need to shut down your tablet or computer completely, wait for minutes, and then press the Power button to cold boot it. Making the restart doesn’t take effect. Now you are able to get the timeline Activity normally in Windows 10.