My Sony MDR-XB650BT headphones runs into the strange problem after my tablet is installed Windows 10 v1803 update. The synced and playing music from my Surface Pro 3 works fine. However, the Play/Pause/Fast Forward function fails with Windows Media Player and Groove Music Player, while the sound also crackles. I update the Intel Bluetooth driver and nothing takes effect. Any way to get rid of that?
Many users have reported that the Bluetooth volume issue on lots of headphones, such as Plantronics BackBeat PRO, Creative T30, Craetive Muvo 1C and Edifier bluetooth speakers. Running the troubleshooter with audio doesn’t help. It only happens with Windows Media Player after Windows 10 April 2018 Update, and others like VLC are fine.
How to fix Media player Bluetooth controls PLAY/PAUSE not working in Windows 10
Make sure the related services are running in the background
* Type services.msc in the Cortana search box or Start menu, select the top matched one from result to open the Services window.
You can also open Control Panel, go to Administrative tools, and click on Services.
* On the right side pane, scroll down to locate the “Human Interface Device Access”, and double click on it. If it is not running, change its startup to automatically, click on Start button, then click Apply > OK button.
Configuring the sound Properties
* From your desktop, type sound in Start menu or Cortana Search box, and select the sound control panel from result.
* Locate the the troubled bluetooth sound playback device, right click on it and select Properties option.
* Go to Advanced tab, un-check “Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device” box, and click Apply > OK button to save changes.
I roll back the BT driver with older version in Windows 10. Then the Creative T30 works as before. Another temporary solution is to change your default speakers to your Windows 10 machine’s built-in speakers. You should be able to adjust the volume but get the beeping noises.