I was able to download app and game on my Surface Book 2 running Windows 10 Pro. However, it is not working after I install the version 1803 updates. When I click on “Get” button with any app, it just shows the Working status and reloads the current page. Then I go to disable the Windows Defender and firewall and nothing takes effect. How can I resolve it completely?
The problem also exactly happen on my Desktop PC with Windows 10 Pro (1703). The MS Store keeps reloading the page. Running the built-in troubleshooter does nothing, even using Powershell to re-register Microsoft Store. If you get the same thing, try any of the methods to get rid of that.
The proxy server may causes the in-correct internet connection. You have to check if the function is turned on.
* Open Internet Explorer, go to Tools > Internet Options.
* Under the Connections tab, click the LAN Settings button.
* Uncheck the “Use a proxy server for your LAN” box, and click Apply > OK button to save all changes.
Sign out/in your account
* Within the Microsoft Store, expand the menu and select your account in the bottom-left corner. You can also click on your Account icon in the top-right corner.
* Then click on the “Sign Out” option.
* Finally go to the app page which you would like to buy or get. Click on the button and it prompts you to re-identify yourself in the store. Do that to sign in again and the issue should be fixed.