I have applied the Windows 10 v1803 update on my Surface Pro 3 tablet and some basic functions seems to be broken. When I am watching youtube video in Edge browser or play game, the wifi disconnects completely. The problem happens every 15 minutes and then reconnects after moments. My smartphone stay well with the wireless router. A simple restart is not working at all for me. How can I resolve the problem?
How to fix WiFi keeps disconnecting after Windows 10 v1803
Note: if you have installed any firewall, antivirus or malware-prevention software, go to temporarily turn if off and check if it is fine.
Fix WiFi network disconnecting connection issues
* From your desktop, type network status into the Cortana Search box or the Start menu, and press Enter to open the status screen.
You can also open the Settings app, and go to Network & Internet > Status.
* Scroll down to the bottom, click on the “Network Reset” button, then click on Yes to confirm that.
* Once the repair process is finished, you need to restart your tablet or computer. Finally the remnant Network from your previous version has been removed and everything is corrected.
Modify the driver in Windows 10
* First browse your manufacturer’s website, find the driver for your current network adapter, and download the up-to-date version to your desktop.
* Secondly, the installed network adapter driver must be unstalled completely.
Hold-and-press or right click on Start button, and seelct Device Manager.
Expand the Network adapters, right click on the device name, select Uninstall device > Delete the driver software for this device check box > Uninstall option.
* Finally make a rebooting with the system and log into your desktop again. Windows 10 may invalidate the older drivers via Device Manager or Windows update, but it is im-compatible. So you need to double click on the driver packs which you had downloaded, and install it manually. Now the WiFi connection work perfectly on my Surface Pro 3.