I was able to access other shared computer on my Surface Pro 3, while they are on the same network. However, after my tablet is upgraded to Windows 10 v1803 update, none of my network devices are accessible by name in File Explorer anymore. I just get the “Access Denied” error message. A PC is set to share only with the homegroup and becomes not visible, so I could not join it to get my photo files either. How can I resolve the problem?
The ability to create a new HomeGroup has been removed in Windows 10 version 1803 update by Microsoft. Many users complete the upgraded process and then run into the issues with the Windows Network (SMB). That also happens to me and computer can not be seeing each other over Network, but still be accessed by IP address.
Setup the related service
* Press Win + R from your keyboard, type services.msc into Run dialog box, and click OK button to open the Services window.
* On its right side pane, scoll the list and locate the service named “Function Discovery Resource Publication”.
* Right click on it, and select Properties from menu.
* Click on the Start button, change its startup type from Disabled to “Automatic (delayed start)”, and click Apply > OK button.
If you have done that and still can not browser them in File Explorer normally, try another solution.
* Press Win + R keys to bring ther Run dialog box.
* Type the location:
Note: the OtherComputerName is the name of the computer you want to connect to. The SharedFolder is a folder previously shared.
Make sure both are with correct capitalization. And then press Enter to access it.
* The File Explorer gives you a drop down list of all the folders and select any of them. You have to keep File Explorer opening for making all of them are visible and accessible.