I had setup my Gmail account in the built-in mail app on my Surface Pro 3 tablet and everything worked smoothly. However, I face the problem after installed the Windows 10 version 1803 updates. I could not receive and not send email messages, due to the mail server doesn’t connect. On the main screen, the accounts heading just display the “System error. Can’t get mail.” error. I have never made changes with pop/smtp and other settings with my current account. How can I resolve it on my tablet?
The Privacy settings thing always causes a lot of strange issues, such as their microphones and apps can not be used as usual. The Windows 10 v1803 always change something during the upgraded process. You could try any of the tips to get rid of “System error. Can’t get mail.” with the Windows Mail app.
* From your desktop, tap or click on the Windows button at the left bottom corner.
* Open the Settings app (the gear icon) from Start menu.
* Navigate to the Privacy category, and then select the Email tab in the left side.
* Go to its right side pane, find the “Allow apps to access your email” option, and move the switch from Off to ON position.
* After you’ve turn the feature on, apparently go to restart Windows 10 to take effect.
If you still lost access to all of email accounts, you’d better do a resetting for that.
* Open the Settings app, click on “Mail and Calendar”, and select the Advanced Options tab.
* Go to the right side pane, Scroll down to the Terminate button and click on it. Then click on the Reset.
* Another way is to remove the Mail app completely with Powershell, search for Mail and Calendar in Store app and install it on your device. It also requires you to re-configure your mail account.