The Alt + Tab keyboard shortcut can help you quickly switch between all of the applications that are currently running, without using the mouse. However, after I install the Windows 10 April 2018 Update (version 1803), the hotkey function works very slowly on my Surface Pro 3. When I am playing video game in Full screen mode, it is noticeable delay to change to File Explorer or others. How can I resolve the problem on my tablet?
Once I use the alt tabbing while playing Ryzen, I get a solid five second black screen and then return to desktop. I have to switch league of legends top border less mode to get rid of that.
The issue might be caused by the Focus assist settings,
* From your desktop, tap or click on the Windows button at the left bottom corner.
* Open the Settings app. It is the gear icon.
* Select the System category, and click on Focus assist tab in the left pane.
* Go to its right side pane, scroll down to “Automatic rules” heading.
* Locate the “When I’m playing a game” option, toggle its switch from On to Off. Once the gaming automatic rule has been disabled completely, the Alt + Tab keys should become normally.
I try the alt tab to out of any game, no matter they are fullscreen or borderless windowed, it always takes ages to respond in Windows 10 v1803. Another useful method is to do CTRL + ALT + DEL to return to desktop.
If the Alt+Tab process still executes extremely slow with PC game, it can be some service and startup items. You could boot into safe mode to check if it appears. Return to normal mode, open the system configure window to disable all non-MS items. Then troubleshoot them one by one.