My Surface Pro 3 had been updated to Windows 10 April Update 1803 version. I got multiple time of blue screen and then logged into desktop normally. However, when I opened the Settings app and went to Privacy > Diagnostics & feedback, the feedback frequency option didn’t allow to change. It just displayed “Windows Insider Program manages this option” message. I was unable to setup the basic information, enhanced and full data. How can I fix the locked problem on my tablet?
Many users have reported that they could not make change with the Privacy options after upgrading to Windows 10 1803 version. It seems that the current devices is never registered in the Insider program, and the PC never joined the program. Doing a reset is not working at all.
You could modify the related Group Policy values to set feedback frequency to “never”. Here is the how-to tips for that.
* Press Win + R from your keyboard, type regedit.exe into Run dialog box, and click OK button.
* Within the left hand of registry editor, expand the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE key, and navigate to its sub-folder below:
and then select the WindowsUpdate key.
* Go to its right side pane, double click on the ManagePreviewBuilds, change its value data to 1, and click on OK button to save changes. Repeat the same way to set ManagePreviewBuildsPolicyValue value* s to 1.
* Go to other location below:
Double click on the “NumberOfSIUFInPeriod” and configure the value data to 0.
* Finally restart Windows 10 to take effect. The method works fine on my PC.