I have bought the Surface 3 Unlimited ATT LTE and it runs Windows 10 Home with Office 2016. When I use the the Cellular connection outside, Outlook 2016 can’t send or receive email messages anymore. Because it automatically goes offline and shows “Metered Connection Warning & Upgrade in Progress” in the File tab. I open the Network & Internet in Settings app and disable metered connection but nothing works. How can I resolve it on my tablet?
How to turn off Metered Connection Warning in Outlook 2016 on Windows 10
* From your desktop, type regedit.exe in Start menu or Windows Search box, and select it from results.
* Within the left side pane of Registry Editor, under the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE key and navigate to the location below:
and then select the DefaultMediaCost.
* If you get the “Cannot edit DefaultMediaCost: Access Denied or Error writing the value’s new contents” error, it requires the administrative permissions to modify the registry key.
Right-click the DefaultMediaCost key, select Permissions, and click Advanced.
Go to Owner tab, highlight your current username, check Replace owner on subcontainers and objects box, and click Apply.
Under the Permissions tab, click Add, type your username and press OK. Then check the Allow box for Full Control, and click OK button twice.
* Once you take full permissions control of DefaultMediaCost, go to its right side pane. Double click on 3G, and change its value data from 2 to 1. Then repeat the same way with 4G value.
* Finally make a rebooting with Windows 10 to take effect.
If it is still not working, you could try another work around. Just open the Edge or Chrome browser, and use the Web version of Outlook.