I go to the Settings app and try to install the Fall Creators Update 1709 version from 1703. The process is prepairing at 32% and then pops up the “Some apps need to be uninstalled. These program need to be uninstalled because they aren’t compatible with the upgraded.” It lists the Nero software and it worked fine on my Surface Pro 3. Now I am unable to complete the Windows 10 upgrade. The same problem also happen my Dell laptop. Any way to resolve the problem?
How to fix Some apps need to be uninstalled with Windows 10 Fall Creators Update
* The Windows 10 Fall Creators Update are not compatible with those apps and software since now, including Trend Micro, PGP, Nero, Dell Storage Drivers Infineon TPM, Microsoft Office Starter 2010, Roxio, Norton Ghost, Spy Sweeper, Realtek PCI-E Card Reader, Sonic Studio DLA Application, Symantec Endpoint Protection, Webroot and McAfee.
* A compatibility block can be triggered by some version of them. Once you have already install any of them, you have to uninstall it completely before apply the 1709 update in Windows 10 tablet or computer.
* Trend Micro may create a hidden folder somewhere, even you have removed the app from Control Panel. You could get the Malicious Software Removal Too to do a full scanning. I did that and it found locate a hidden Trend Micro folder. After I delete it, the Windows 10 Upgrade Assistant runs fine.
If you use the Dell Data Protection Encryption on your Dell machine, try the method without needing upgrade the versions of DDP.
* From your desktop, hold-and-press or right-click on the Start icon at the left bottom corner.
* Select PowerShell (Admin) from the content menu.
* Type the command:
and press Enter to execute it. Now the the system will begin preparing for the Windows Feature update.
* Open the Control Panel or Settings app to click on “check for updates” button again. And the Windows updates becomes normal.