I have bought a brand new Surface Pro 4 running Windows 10. I always use the Office 365 to edit my word documents and read Outlook message for a long time. After the tablet get 5 minute idle and run into sleep mode, I wake it up but my running software and applications have been closed completely. That lost valuable data and also tons of work. But the hibernation mode only works after 180 minutes. How can I change the power settings to resolve the problem?
My another tablet running Windows 10 get the same issue and refuses to wake up after sleep mode. I have to remove the battery and then put it back in to get into my desktop. However, the page of Edge browser has closed due to the unexpected shut down.
How to fix running apps closed upon sleep mode in Windows 10
* First make sure the device driver like display and the BIOS firmware are fully up to date. For technical, you’d better use your manufacture’s utility to update BIOS firmware. The display drivers can be upgraded through the Device Manager. I did that with a recent BIOS on my HP laptop and it worked.
Configure the setting of hybrid sleep
* From your desktop, type Control Panel into Windows Search box or Start menu, and select the top result.
* Naivgate to the Hardware and Sound > Power Options.
* In your current power plan, click on the “Change plan settings” link, and then choose “Change advanced power settings” at the bottom.
* Locate the Sleep options, and click on the + icon to expand it.
* Expand the Allow hybrid sleep, set both “On battery” and “Plugged in” to On.
* Then click + next to Hard disk, change the “Turn off hard disk after” from 20 minutes to 1000 minutes.
* Finally click Apply > OK button. If it doesn’t take effect, you could change your power plan to Balanced or High Performance, repeat the way and check if it works.