My Surface Pro 3 tablet works fine since installed the latest Windows 10 version 1709. When I click on the dropbox address to download files in a webpage, it can not be loaded normally. I just get the error message “Can’t connect securely to this page. This might be because the site uses outdated or unsafe TLS security settings. If this keeps happening, try contacting the website’s owner.” That also happens with msn, capitolaone or paypal secure site. I change to use the IE 11 browser and it is sitll not working. I have to use the dropbox app to get the shared file. Any way to resolve the problem?
Some related features may be disbaled in the Settings, because the Windows update or app re-setup the IE configure file. To get rid of the outdated or unsafe TLS security issue, you could try any of the tips in Windows 10.
Restore TLS security settings to the defaults
* From your desktop, type Internet Options in the Windows Search bar on taskbar, and open the top result.
* In the pop-up dialog box, go to the Advanced tab, under the Security heading, locate the “Use SSL 3.0” and check its box.
* Add the checkmark with Use TLS 1.0, Use TLS 1.1, and Use TLS 1.2 boxes. Then click Apply > OK button.
After the changes has been saved, re-open the security website in either IE or Edge to check if it is fine.
However, I have done that on my Surface Pro tablet and it just takes effects for a short time. Then the unsafe TLS message appears again. So I try another method.
* Within the Edge, I clikc on the three dots at top-right to open its settings, and select History option.
* Click on the Clear all history > Clear button to remove all browsing history that’s stored in local drive. Finally the issue is gone away.
* If the above methods are not working, you’d better download the Google Chrome or third-part browsers to access https websites.