The Scalable Vector Graphics (SVG)is an XML-based vector image format. Microsoft Office 2016 supports using SVG files in Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint 2016. Users are able to transform all SVG pictures and icons into Office shapes and then make changes with them. I have subscribed an Office 365 home on my Surface Pro 4 and could not find the way to configure my SVG icon. When I go to the Graphics Tools/Format tab in Word, the Convert button is missing in the Change section. Any way to convert SVG front on my tablet without third-part app?
How to convert SVG images to Shapes in Office word
Note: make sure you are using the Microsoft Office 2016 on Windows. The Office Android and Mobile version lack of such function since now.
* First open the Microsoft Word from Start menu, and do the method depend on what you want to do.
The SVG exists in your opened Office document, workbook or presentation
* Hold-and-press or right-click the SVG image, and select Convert shape from the context menu.
Insert a new SVG icon on your word document
* Navigate to the “Insert” tab in the Ribbon bar at top, and click on the icons option.
* It will pop up the Insert Icons dialog box with a collection of pre-defined styles. Choose your SVG image from lists.
* Once you’ve done, a contextual Format tab appears on the Ribbon bar, and you should see a new option named “Convert to Shape”. Click on this button to
separate single element into its multiple components.
* You can also disassemble the SVG file and edit it by labeling or coloring them individually. The Format tab in Ribbon bar offers several options for Graphics Styles.
Graphics Fill: choose from hundreds of colors and fill individual parts of the SVG image with different colors
Graphics Outline: set the color of the border
Graphics Effects: add drop shadows, glows and 3D effects.
Finally save the Office Word file and that’s all.