My Surface Pro 3 tablet has been upgraded to Windows 10 Fall Creators Update through Windows update. However, when I try to open the Microsoft Store, it won’t load with “Check Your Connection” option. I click on it and get the error “Microsoft Store needs to be online, it looks like your not. Code: 0x80072EE7.” Turning off the Kaspersky anti-virus and nothing takes effect. I could not run the Skype and Todoist apps while not buy or download any. That worked in Anniversary Update v1607. Any way to resolve the problem?
If the talbet or computer cannot find the correct IP address, Windows 10 will reprot Error 0x80072EE7. I tried many methods, such as Clear the Windows Store Cache, setup the 188.8.131.52 for Preferred DNS server, even the proxy function have disabled completely, and it is still not working. I notice that the upgraded process may destroy some system files and make the store running into some strange issues.
Re-Register the Windows Store
* Right click on the Start button from your desktop, and select Powershell (Run as administrator) option from menu.
* Type the command below:
powershell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $Env:SystemRoot\News360\AppxManifest.xml
and press Enter to execute it.
By the built-in troubleshooter
* Open the Settings app from Start menu.
* Navigate to the Update & security category, and select the Troubleshoot tab.
* Scroll down to select the “Windows Store Apps”, and click on its “Run the troubleshooter” option. The process will find and fix the issues automaticly.
If the above methods still can not get store working, you’d better use Media Creation Tool to make a Repair Installation. The process keeps your personal files and apps.
* Access the Microsoft Disc Image link in Edge and click on the Download tool now button to get the MediaCreationTool.exe file.
* Click on the MediaCreationTool.exe to run it, accept the licensing terms to create the Windows 10 media. Then it will check if any new updates and install them in Windows 10.
I choose to Upgrade Now option within Media Creation Tool and the issue is fixed on my Surface Pro tablet.