When I login to my desktop in Windows 10 on my Surface Pro 4, I notice that the cortana field with ask me anything suddenly became always white background in the task bar. The problem just happens after fall creator update, or everytime I open the Weather Channel app. It looks very ugly on the dark taskbar. How can I get rid of that on my tablet?
I update Nvidia GeForce Experience on my Windows 10 computer, and also get white color with Cortana Ask me anything. If you also face the same problem, try any of the tips to resolve it.
Temporary method. You need to change system location to a another country without Cortana supported and change it back.
* Open the Settings app from Start menu, and click on the Time & language category.
* Click or tap on “Region & language” on the left side
* Go to its right pane, click on the drop-down menu and change the current system location to a another country where Cortana is not available, such as Gabon.
* Then sign out your account and sign in back.
* Finally change the location back to USA and the Cortana bar will get the normal color.
Editing the registry key also fix the issue
* Press Win + R from keyboard, type regedit and press Enter.
* Within registry editor, navigate to the location below:
* Select the sub-key “0″ , go to its right pane, open the WhiteSearchBox, and change its value data from 1 to 0.
* Higlight another sub-key “1″, repeat the same way with WhiteSearchBox.
If you feel that it is much clutter, try the simple method to disable the box.
* First right click on the Cortana search box.
* Move cursor to highlight the Cortana from menu, and choose “Show Cortana icon” option. Now you need to click on Cortana icon to get Cortana search box.