I had used IE 11 in Windows 8 on my Surface Pro 4 and everything worked normally. However, after I upgraded the tablet to Windows 10 Fall Creators Update, the Microsoft Edge doesn’t remember my Gmail passwords. Every time I have to type my username and password to sign in Gmail. I could not find a way to import other saved passwords from explorer, while Edge never ask me to save the login id and password. How can I resolve the problem?
If the edge won’t remember your personal gmail and youtube settings in Windows 10, it may be caused by the incorrect settings with Microsoft Edge and your account info can’t be filled automatically. You could try the method below to troubleshoot it.
When Edge does not prompt to save password, you need to enable the Offer to Save Passwords.
* Within Edge app, click on the More actions (…) button.
* Go to Settings > View advanced settings.
* Under Privacy and services, turn on the Offer to save passwords option.
The next step is to delete the previously saved data and make changes with the app.
* Within Microsoft Edge browser, click/tap on More actions button “…” at the top right corner open its menu.
* Click the “Settings” at the bottom, and click on Choose what to clear.
* Check on the box next to “Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files”, and click on Clear button.
* Once all of the cache files have been removed, close the Edge and open it again, go to what to clear option, and untick the cookies and data.
* Under the “Always clear this when I close the browser” heading, set it from On to Off.
* Finally access the Gmail or Youtube website and login to your Google account to check if the issue is fixed.