My Windows 10 computer has became slow after cleaned install of Fall Creators. When I load some website in Edge and click on any link, nothing happens and the browser keeps freezing. I notice that state repository service takes about 100% resources of CPU usage. It happens while I connect it to internet via ethernet network. Then I open the Immersive control panel or Settings app and click on any link, the same problem appears, no matter using Microsoft or local account.
It seems to be a bug in the Windows 10 fall creators update standard image. Many people have got the High CPU usage in state repository service after Fall Creators Update while access internet online via ethernet cable, even making a clean installation. You could try any of the methods below to fix the issue.
Repair Edge and disable “Open sites in apps” feature
* Open the Settings app. Navigate to Apps > Apps & features.
* On the right side pane, select the Microsoft Edge entry, click on Advanced options link
* Click on Repair button. It will repair Microsoft Edge browser without removing your data.
* Then open Edge, and click the three dots at the right-top corner.
* Click on the Settings item, under Advanced settings heading, click the button “View advanced settings”, and turn off the Open Sites in apps option.
* From your desktop, type MSCONFIG into the Widnows Search box or from Start menu, and select it from result.
* Go to the services tab, locate the “state repository service”, and uncheck the box next to it, and click Apply > OK to disable it.
* Finally make a restarting with your PC to take effects. The next time you login the Windows 10 and everything will become normal.