Windows 10 Xbox app includes the Game DVR Screen Recorder option in the Game Bar. Users can record any application to video capture your on-screen activities, without needing to get any third-party screen recording software. However, when I try to record games with audio on my Surface Pro tablet, it shows the Can’t record right now, Try again later or There’s nothing to record error message and I could not figure out how to get rid of that.
How to fix Game Bar can’t record right now in Windows 10
Reinstall Xbox app
* Press Win + X from your keyboard, and select “Windows PowerShell (Admin)” from content menu. You can also type powershell in Cortana Search box or Start menu, right click on Windows PowerShell, and select “Run as administrator”.
* Type the command below in PowerShell:
Get-AppxPackage *xboxapp* | Remove-AppxPackage
And press Enter to execute it. The Xbox app will be uninstalled completely.
* Then open the Store app to locate the Xbox app and install it again.
Larger temporary files may cause the Xbox recording issue, and you could try the method to remove those files.
* Tap or click on the Start button, and open the Settings app.
* Select the System category, and then go to Storage > This PC.
* Click on the Temporary files option, check on both“Temporary files”and “Previous version of Windows”boxes, and click on the Remove files button.
If the above methods are not working at all, you might need to change the default keyboard shortcuts. Becasue many video games block the Win key.
* Open the Settings app, go to Gaming > Game bar. In the right side pane, change the Start/Stop recording option to another keyboard shortcut. Make sure the new one doesn’t contain Win key.
* Another way is to do a troubleshooting.
Within the Settings Panel, tap Update & Security > Troubleshoot, and click on the “Run the troubleshooter” option below the Windows Store Apps. The built-in Troubleshooter will help you fix various issues for that.