There are multiple wireless signs in my company and I had connected to one on my Surface Pro 4 tablet. I noticed the weak connections causes the slow internet speed, so I changed to other one to get the better experience. However, it is annoying that Windows 10 system keeps searching and connecting to other wireless router automatically. It interferes with my connection and I could not figure out how to prevent from surveying for other networks. How can I resolve the problem?
Fix Windows 10 keep searching and connecting to other WiFi network problem
Forget all un-wanted connections
* From your desktop, tap or click on the Windows button at the left bottom corner, and open the Settings app in Start menu.
* Select the Network and Internet category, and tap on Wi-Fi in the left panel.
* Go to its right side panel, tap on Manage known networks.
* Select one of the other available networks in the list, and click on
Forget option, then confirm it. Repeat the same way for others to remove all wireless connection you don’t need.
Turn off the automatic connection of the wireless network
* Tap or click on the network icon in System tray of your desktop, and select Network settings.
* Click on the Network & sharing center at the bottom
* Click on the “Change Adapter Options” in the left panel to open the Network Connections
* Find the WiFi connection to which your tablet or computer is connected, and double click on it.
* Click on Wireless Properties. under Connection tab, uncheck “Connect automatically when this network is in range” box, and click OK button.
Depand on your using Windows version, you also need to turn off those features, including wifi sense, hotspot 2.0 and paid wifi services.
* For example, open the Settings app, go to Network & Internet > Wi-Fi, and tap Manage Wi-Fi Settings.
* Under the Wi-Fi Sense heading, un-check all boxes to disable everything and make it to forget the networks you share.