I had configured the setting to switch off the display about 5 minutes later on my Surface Pro 4. However, if the Windows 10 put the tablet into sleep mode, it also disconnect the wifi connection. If I am doing something over wifi, such as copy large files, sync dropbox, the process will be fail to finish in this state. It is very annoying that I have to move the mouse to prevent from losing wifi. How can I resolve the problem?
How to prevent sleep mode from disconnecting wifi in Windows 10
* From your desktop, type device manager in Cortana search box or Start menu, and select the Device Manager from result.
* Double click on the Network adapter to expand all items. Locate your current wireless adapter, right click on it and select the Properties from content menu.
* Go to the Advanced tab, highlight the Selective Suspend in property area, change its Value from Enabled to Disabled.
* Click on the Power Management tab, uncheck the “Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power” box, and click OK button. If you doesn’t find such option, you’d better run System File Checker to fix and restore it.
* Finally make a rebooting to apply changes.
Note: It is only available on tablet and laptop with built-in battery , and doesn’t work on computer.
* Click/tap on the Start button and open the Settings app.
* Click on the System category icon, and select the Power & sleep tab in the left side.
* Go to its right side pane, under the network connection heading, check the box with “On battery power, stay connected while asleep.” Now put your device to sleep mode and check if the issue is fixed.