Microsoft introduce a new layer of defense-in-depth protection to test a secured Edge browser by Hyper-V virtualization technology for business. This is Windows Defender Application Guard and it is now available in the Windows Insider Fast Ring for Enterprise users. It brings those important features, including creating an isolated environment for browsing to protect your operating system, keep potentially malicious attacks on site away from your PC, and remove any potential malware.
How to secure Edge browser with Windows Defender Application Guard in Windows 10
Note: The feature is only working on Windows 10 Enterprise Edition, starting from the upcoming Redstone 3.
* Within File Explorer, click or tap on the first arrow on the left side in the address bar, and select “Control Panel” from menu.
* Click on the Programs and Features, and click on the Turn Windows features on or off link on the left side.
* Locate the Windows Defender Application Guard, check its box, and click OK button to install the feature. Your PC must be capable of running Microsoft Hyper-V, so you need to also check the box next to Hyper-V.
* Then restart the system to enable Application Guard for Edge.
You can also setup it through Group Policy editor In the latest Insider Build
* Type Group Policy in Start menu or Cortana search box, and select Group Policy editor from result.
* Navigate to the Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components, and select the Windows Defender Application Guard.
* In its right pane, there are four application guard specific entries for you to configure them, including Turn On/Off, Block Enterprise websites to load non-Enterprise content, clipboard and print.
Once you open the Microsoft Edge, click on the settings menu (three dots) at the top-right corner. There is a new option “New Application Guard window.”Selecting it will open a new Edge Window and all accessing websites are isolated in Application Guard.