All clients in our company have been installed the Symantec Endpoint Protection 14 and this 3rd party antivirus/antimalware/firewall integrated product runs well in Windows 10. However, after all computers and tablets are upgraded to Creator Update, the built-in Windows Defender Security Center keeps whining about the network firewall. Due to the 3rd party security software, the Real-time protection of WD is set to off, but Defender service is not allowed to disable. How to permanently remove Windows Defender and Firewall for business.
Disable Windows Defender Security Center service in Windows 10 Creator Update completely
* Type CMD in Cortana search box or Start menu, right click on Command Prompt from result, and select Run as administrator from menu.
* Input the commnad below in Command Prompt window:
reg add "HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\SecurityHealthService" /v "Start" /t REG_DWORD /d "4" /f
and press Enter to execute it.
You can also do the same way through Registry editor.
* Press Win + R from keyboard, type regedit in Run dialog box and click OK button to open Registry editor.
* Navigate to Registry key in location below:
I think Microsoft will add some nonstop protection like changing registry permission with those regedit key.
* Go to the right pane, double click on the Start string with REG_DWORD type, modify its value from 2 to 4 or 3, and click OK button.
After the above method has been done, right click on Taskbar, select Task Manager from menu. Go to the Startup tab, right click on Windows Defender Notification icon, and select Disable. Finally make a rebooting and the SecurityHealthService used by the Windows Defender Security Center will be turned off completely in Windows 10.