After my computer has installed the Creators Update, I right click on the Start button and the Control Panel not showing in menu. I lost the ability to make changes with the related settings like use admin tools or adjust my touchscreen settings in Windows 10 system and could not find a way to restore the option. How can I access it to take controls of them on my device and where is the Control Panel?
Microsoft has removed the Control Panel and Programs and Features selections from the left sided start button and it is replaced by the Settings app. All things for that are transferred progressively to Settings, so Control Panel functions will be disappear soon in all Windows 10 platforms on tablet, computer, and smartphone.
However, it is still easy to open the Control Panel in Creators Update. You can access it through any of the methods:
By a search experience
* Type Control into the Cortana search box or Start menu, and click on “Control Panel Desktop App” from results to open the old-style Control Panel. Or right-click it from the result and select Pin to Start or pin to the Taskbar from the content menu.
* Tap or click on the Start button, go to the App list, scroll down to Windows System. Click on it to expand all and you could find the control panel there.
* Open the File Explorer, go to its left side pane, and the option is near end.
If you use the control panel frequently, another way is to add it in menu when you right click on desktop.
* Create a new text Document.txt, and copy the codes below:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\DesktopBackground\Shell\Control] @="@shell32.dll,-4161" "icon"="Control.exe" [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\DesktopBackground\Shell\Control\command] @="Control.exe"
and paste them in Document.txt.
* Rename the Document.txt to control.reg.
* Double click on control.reg, click Yes to import values into regedit editor. Then restart your device to login to check it works.