I was able to watch movie by flash from a non-html5 website in Microsoft edge on my Surface Pro 4 tablet, but now it is not working at all after Windows 10 Creators Update. When I try to play the video clips, it displays that it requires adobe player plugin. The Flash content isn’t blocked because there is not a puzzle piece icon on the address bar. In the advanced settings, I re-enable the Flash and clear the browser history and nothing takes any effect. How can I fix the issue?
This is definitely a bug with Edge in the Creators update and you could try any of the methods to troubleshoot it.
Make sure the Flash feature is turned on
* Click the menu button (three dots) in the upper right corner of Edge browser.
* Select the Settings from the menu, and click the “View advanced settings” button.
* Scroll down a bit and toggle “Use Adobe Flash Player” from off to On.
In Windows 10 Creators Update, Microsoft Edge block Flash content automatically by default so the related videos and games won’t be loaded in browser. Flash is seen as security target, and also a battery hog for tablet and mobile devices. If the functions enabled, you need to allow it to run.
* You should see a puzzle piece icon next to the Favorites icon, click on it to get it working.
Many people reports that they still get the warning message in site, try another solution.
* Click on the “Download Adobe Flash player” icon from the warning. immediately it prompts you to run Adobe Flash player Once or Forever, and then everything works normally.
* If the download link is missing, open https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player.html webpage, click on the Check Now button and the page will say Flash Player is disabled. Click on the Refresh button or press F5 key, click on the “puzzle piece” button and click on Allow once and problem is resolved.