I have installed Mitel MiCollab Client and Skype in Windows 10 on my Surface Pro 4 tablet. When I open the Office Outlook 2016 software, I notice that it doesn’t show up the Presence Icons, such as the skype for business status, Green, Red squares beside names). Other Office apps like SharePoint client are also missing presence information.
How to fix Lync/Skype Presence not showing or missing in Outlook 2016/2013
The screen text level always causes the Presence missing.
* Tap or click on the Start button and open the Setting app.
* Go to System > Display, and Set “Change the side of text, apps and other items” to 100%, 125%, or 150% level.
* Press Win + R from your keyboard, type regedit into Run dialog box and hit Enter to open the Registry editor.
* Navigate to the tree key location:
* Go to its right side pane, double click on the DEFAULTIMAPP string, and change its value data to Skype, and click OK to save that. If you want to get the LYNC Presence back, just set it to LYNC.
* Return to the left pane, under IM Providers key, select the Skype or LYNC key, double click on its UPANDRUNNING string with REG_SZ type, and change its value data to 2. Then select the COMMUNICATOR key, and set the UPANDRUNNING string with REG_SZ type to 0. Using the 0 means that it is available.
* Then run the Outlook software and the Presence should appear.
However, every time running MiCollab will make the presence icons missing in Outlook, so you need to configure its setting.
* Within MiCollab, click on your name at top left corner.
* Select Configuretion > Click to call, and uncheck the Enable call through MiCollab client” box, and click OK button.