Windows 10 comes with two different built-in backup utilities, File History, and Windows Backup and Restore. You can use the tool to manually creates and save those information including drivers, installed apps/programs, system files, and settings to a restore point, while the system only does that before system events. Without using third-party backup and recovery software, you can also setup it to schedule automatically to save your time and energy.
How to schedule Automatic Backups in Windows 10 to create System Restore Point
Note: The method is useful and working on your Surface Pro tablet model or Windows 10/8 computer, because you can restore them after a malware infection or hard drive failure.
* First your login account must have administrator right.
Configure the system restore to not skip create the new restore point
* Press Win + R from keyboard, type regedit into Run box, and hit Enter to open the Registry Editor.
* Navigate to the location in the left pane:
* Go to its right side pane, double click on the SystemRestorePointCreationFrequency DWORD, and change its value data to 0.
Configure and manage automatic backups in Windows 10
* Press the Win + R keys,, type taskschd.msc, and click OK button to open Task Scheduler.
* Select on Task Scheduler Library in the left pane, and click on the Create Task option in the right Actions.
* Within the wizard, go to the General tab, set its Name to “Automatic backup”, check both “Run whether user is logged on or not” and “Run with highest privileges”, and pick up the Windows 10 from Configure for drop-down menu.
* On the Triggers tab, click on New… button, set Begin the task to On a schedule, and you could set to backup files at a specific time like Daily, Weekly, Monthly or upon time on different days.
* On the Actions tab, click on New… button, and use the setting below:
Action: Start a program
/Namespace:\\root\default Path SystemRestore Call CreateRestorePoint "Automatic Restore Point", 100, 7
* In the Conditions tab, under Power, make sure the Start the task only if the computer is on AC power box is unchecked. In the Settings tab, you need to check the “Run task as soon as possible after a scheduled start is missed” box.
* After configuring all the options, click OK button, and type your password to apply changes and complete that .
Now the Schedule Automatic Backups process will be running in background and execute the command at a specific time.