For security, I have enabled the built-in Windows Firewall to prevent viruses, worms and hackers from exploit Windows 10 and use it to block suspicious activity. However, everytime I open certain app or software and it requires the internet connection like Chrome, Spotify, Transmission, it pops up the warning “Window Firewall has blocked some features of this app” message repeatedly. I have to click on Allow access button to correspond activity repeatedly and it is really frustration.
Something may cause the culprit network adapter or reset the system setting, so the Windows 10 or 8/7 OS pops up the “Windows Firewall Has Blocked Some Features Of This App” notification. I performed a system scan in Safe Mode with networking but nothing took effects. You could try the solution to resolve the problem.
How to Fix the Windows Firewall Has Blocked Some Features Of This App’ In Windows 10/8/7
* The Virtual Private Network can cause the problem. If you have installed any third-party VPN programs such as Tunnelbear, Hotspot Shield or use the related VPN extension in Chrome, or Firefox browser, go to uninstall them completely and also configure the Microsoft Edge as the default browser.
Turn off Network Adapters temporarily
* Press Win + X from keyboard or right click on Start Button, select Control Panel, and then click on Network Connections.
Or you can type ncpa.cpl into the Start menu to search it and select it from results.
* From a list of your network adapters, right click on one of the available network adapter, select Disable, and go to check the status of the issue. If not, turn it back on and go to disable another adapter. For example, I disable the WAN Miniport IKEv2 adapter and the issue is fixed.
Change the setting of Firewall
* Open the Control Panel, go to System and Security > Windows Firewall, and choose “Restore Defaults.”
* If it is still not working, you need to allow the App in Firewall Permanently.
In Windows Firewall window, click on “Allow an app through Windows Firewall” link > Change settings.
Locate the app for which you keep getting repeated notifications and trust at least, and check both Private and Public options next to the app, repeat the way for others, then click OK button to apply the changes.