If you have done all your network configuration in Windows 10 for a long time, you might forget the current Wi-Fi password which is used to prevent the unauthorised access to your tablet or computer and that happens when your new device requires to enter your Network Security Key again. In some cases, you also want to secure the network on your Surface Pro 4 by updating the WiFi passcode manually. Here are the how-to tips for that.
How to view and update WiFi password network security key in Windows 10
* First make sure your account has administrative permissions.
* Hold-and-press or right-click the network icon in the Taskbar, and select “Open Network and Sharing Center”. In the Network Connections of Control Panel, click on the Wi-Fi with your SSID link next to Connection.
Or you can press Win + R from keyboard, type ncpa.cpl in Run box, and hit Enter. Then right click on your WiFi Adapter, and select the Status from menu.
* The pop-up WiFi Status window displays your wireless Connection and Activity. Tap or click Wireless Properties button.
* Go to the Security tab, the characters of your password is replaced with black dots by default. Check the flag Show characters box, and your hidden wifi password (Network Security Key) will be showed completely for the Network security key section. Write it down on a note paper.
* You may would like to update the older Security Key for WiFi Network. Type the new password into the Network security key box, and click OK to save changes, then re-connect to this WiFi to check if it is fine.