I have created and setup my IMAP email account in Outlook 2013 version on Windows 10 Pro and it worked well. I upgrade it to Office 2016 successfully and then open a PDF file and get IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL Stop Error screen, and that cause the system restart on my Surface Pro 4 tablet. When I try to launch Microsoft Outlook 2016 again, the desktop client is stuck at the Loading Profile stage in blue splash screen and doesn’t open itself. If I configure mail in Control Panel, it shows Windows Shell Common DLL is not responding error message. How can I resolve the problem?
How to fix Outlook 2016 hang/stuck on Loading Profile screen and not opening
A temporary solution
When the Outlook is stuck on the loading Profile screen, right click any item, select “send-to” and click E-mail in the list, then Outlook will open normally.
Useful Methods to fix the issues completely
* Open Control Panel, go to Mail > Show Profiles, and delete all the profiles.
* Close all apps and programs, open the SCANPST.EXE tool in the directory
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\root\Office16, do a full scan and fix the found problem with outlook.
* Type CMD into Start menu’s searching box, right click on command prompt from results, and select Run as Admin
* In the Administrator command prompt, type the command:
and press Enter to execute it.
* Then type another to run it:
* Press Win + R from keyboard, type regedit into Run box and hit ENTER
* If you upgraded from Outlook 2013/2015 to 2016, navigate to the key tree:
right click on the 13.0 or 15.0 key and delete it.
* For office 2016 users, go to the tree:
Right-click, select New > Key and set its name as Graphics.
Select the Graphics key, go to its right panel, right-click any empty area to select New > DWORD (32-bit) Value, name it as DisableHardwareAcceleration and set its value data to 1.
* Then close regedit, open Outlook software again, wait for minutes to set up initially and everything will be fine.