If your tablet or laptop device has an ambient light sensor, the Windows 10 operating system use it to adjust the level of the display brightness automatically by Adaptive Brightness. This useful feature is disable by default, and it considers the environment’s lighting intensity in your room to make changes if it is working. Here is the how-to tutorial for that.
How to enable or disable adaptive brightness feature in Windows 10 to Fix Dark Screen
* Tap or click on the Start menu, open the Setting app. go to System > Display.
Or you can click on the Notifications icon in the tray, and open the brightness control from the panel.
* In its right side pane, move the slider of Change brightness automatically when lighting changes to On position for turning on the function.
Some users might face the Dark Screen Problems with it is enabled and running Windows 10 through Boot Camp. The screen always doesn’t stay at the brightness level you want, even updating your drivers to the latest version. It is probably that you have to disable it completely. Follow the above method and switch off the option to disable adaptive brightness.
In the cases you would like to enable it only when plugged in or when on battery, do that through the classic Power Options applet.
* Open the classic Control Panel, go to Hardware and Sound > Power options. Or you can press Win + R, type powercfg.cpl, and hit Enter to access it.
* click the link “Change plan settings” next to your selected plan.
* Scroll to the bottom and click “Change advanced settings for this plan” link.
* Go to the Display option, and select Enable for adaptive brightness.