I always read email message on my Surface Pro 4 and the screen keeps timing out the way too soon in Windows 10 anniversary Update, so I make changes with the length of inactivity time by this method. Right click any empty area on Desktop, select Personalization > Lock Screen > Screen time out settings, and choose your required time in the drop down menu.However, no matter what I set the length of time to, the screen will keep timing out at 1 minute. If I configure the the displayto “never sleep” in Power Options, it doesn’t take effects and the tablet goes to sleep after 2 min. How can I resolve the problem?
How to fix/change the Windows 10 Lock Screen Timeout on Surface Pro or computer
First manually enable the hidden feature named “Console Lock Display off timeout”.
* Make sure you have logged in as an administrator account.
* Tap/click on Start menu or press Win + R from your keyboard, input regedit, and press Enter.
* Navigate to the key below in left side pane of Registry Editor:
* Go to the right-hand pane, double-click the Attributes, change its value data from 1 to 2, and click OK.
Then access advanced Power Options to change the Timeout Setting
* Tap or click on Start menu, type Power Options to search, and select it from results.
* Click the “Change plan settings” link next to your power plan > Change advanced power settings.
* In the Power Options dialog, click the Display > Console lock display off timeout, and set how many minutes you want with screen timeout.