Windows 10 Redstone 2 branch build 14946 was released for Fast Ring Insiders and brings some ways to customize Cortana’s look and appearance, such as border color, Search Glyph and width. By default Cortana Search box is located at left bottom side, and it is possible to set it to appear at the top or have a tiny search icon at the left edge while you type something. Here is the how-to tutorial for that.
The method works on 14393 and recent preview builds. However, Microsoft can remove this feature at any moment, because it is just an experimental option. You could get those hidden features in Windows 10 by making changes with the Registry.
* Press Win + R from your keyboard, type regedit, and tap or click on OK button.
* Within the left side of regedit editor, go to the key below:
If the Flighting doesn’t exist, create such key under Search.
* Go to its right side pane, double click on Current string with DWORD, change its value data to 0, and click OK. Then repeat the same way to set the value data of RotateFlight to 0.
* Navigate to the location:
To Enable Cortana Search box on top edge in Windows 10
* Select the SearchBoxOnTop key.
* Doube click on the Value parameter and change its value data to 1.
To Enable Show Search Glyph Left in the Box
* Select the ShowSearchGlyphLeftOfSearchBox key.
* Modify the value data of Value parameter to 1.
Finally sign out your account and login again to apply all changes. Enjoy yourself.
Source: Inside Windows