With Windows 10 Anniversary Update, the virtual assistant Cortana can appear directly on the lock Screen, so it will show up right after you turn on your tablet or computer. If the feature doesn’t activate automatically, you could open Cortana app, go to Settings, and toggle “Let me use Cortana even when my device is locked” to On, and then you are able to ask it for various questions such as the forecast, latest news and more. However, I have enabled it by this way on my Surface Pro 4 tablet and the Cortana is still not working and not shown in Lock Screen.
How to Fix Cortana not shown/working in Lock Screen on Windows 10
If the lock screen background is made to Windows Spotlight, the “Get fun facts, tips, and more from Windows and Cortana on your lock screen” option will be not available. That causes the Cortana app not working at all from there, and you could try the method to get rid of that.
* From your desktop, click the Start menu, and open the Setting app.
* Go to Personalisation > Lock screen.
* Under the Backgroup option, select a picture or slideshow to use it, except the Windows Spotlight.
* In settings app, navigate to Privacy > Location, move the slider of the location to on position for enabling it for this device.
* Go to check theregion, make sure the language and speech settings are setted to United States and English (United States).
* Once the Cortana has been corrupted previously in your PC, the way is to reset it to fresh OS.