The Lock screen is perfect on Surface Pro model, tablet and smartphone, but may becomes useless on laptop and Desktop PC. If your computer have installed and applied the Anniversary Update build of Windows 10, the previous group policy trick and registry trick to disable Lock Screen is not wokring at all in the Pro edition. Here is the how-to tutorial for helping you turn off or remove the feature.
How to Disable or Remove Windows 10 Lock Screen with Anniversary Update
By using Registry Editor. But it take effect temporarily
* Click on the Start menu from your desktop, type regedit into search box, and select the Registry Editor from results.
* Navigate to the location in the left side:
* Go to its right-side pane, double-click on AllowLockScreen key with REG_DWORD type, change its value data to 0, and click Apply > OK button.
Then press Win + L keys together to check if it won’t directly show the Login Screen. However, each unlocking will reset the AllowLockScreen to 1 automatically so you have to repeat the above method and it is not comfortable.
How to disable or remove Lock Screen in Windows 10 completely
* Access the SystemApps folder in C:\Windows\ of the File Explorer.
* Find the “Microsoft.LockApp_cw5n1h2txyewy” folder and rename it to !Microsoft.LockApp_cw5n1h2txyewy.
* If it doesn’t allow you to do that, you need to take ownership of the folder with full control for your account.