The send to mail link shortcut is broken in Windows 10 on my Surface Pro 3 tablet and I have installed a part of Microsoft Office suite Outlook app. When I right clicked on a file or picuture to send attachments in the File Explorer and choosed Send To > Mail Recipient from context menu, a error message “There is no email program associated to perform the requested action. Please install an email program or, if one is already installed, create an association in the Defaults Programs control panel.” poped up. Any way to get it working?
If the system fails to recognize the installed email client, you will face the same problem about No Email Program Associated To Perform The Requested Action in Windows 10. It may be caused by the Corrupted registry data. You could try the tips to get rid of that.
How to fix There Is No Email Program Associated To Perform The Requested Action In Windows 10
* Press Win + R from your keyboard input regedit and click OK button to open Registry Editor. You can also click the Start menu, type regedit to search, and select it form results.
* In the left pane of Registry Editor, navigate to the location below:
* Double-click or hold-and-press the Mail key to expand all sub-keys. It will list many Mail registry keys.
* Right click on the “Microsoft Outlook” key, select Delete option from menu, click Yes button to confirmate to erase this key. Repeat the same way to remove others like Gmail.
* Click the Start menu from your desktop, open the Setting app, go to System > Default apps.
* In its right pane, scroll down to Email heading, click the app name next to it, choose Mail to set it as the default email client.
* Finally restart the system to apply all changes effectively.