I have installed the latest Windows 10 Pro on my Surface Pro 3 and configured OneDrive for the first time. The app stucked at “Getting started with OneDrive” notification and the setup wizard showed the “There was a problem with connecting to OneDrive. Check your Internet connection, then try again.” error message. But other programs accessed the internet well and I could surf website.
If the OneDrive app just stop working to upload and sync your files, and doesn’t recognized the network connectivity in Windows 10, you could try the method to resolve the problem.
* Press Win + R from your keyboard, type inetcpl.cpl and clcick OK button to open Internet Properties.
* Within the Internet Properties window, go to Advanced tab, check those options including Use TLS 1.0, Use TLS 1.1, and Use TLS 1.2, and click Apply button.
* Then switch to the Connections tab. click “LAN Settings” button to open Local Area Network (LAN) setting, uncheck the Use a proxy server for your LAN box, and check “Automatically detect settings”, and click Apply > OK button.
* Finally reboot your tablet or computer to check if the issue is persist.
If the above method is not working, you need to reset Internet Explorer browser to default settings.
* Right click on Start menu, choose the Control Panel, and click on the Internet Options (inetcpl.cpl) icon.
* Go to the Advanced tab, click on the Reset… button, and then OK.
* Check the Delete personal settings box, and click Reset button. Then restart your PC to take effect with changes.