I had added my HP OfficeJet 4635 Printer correctly in control panel and set it as default device but was still unable to print from my Surface Pro 3 tablet running Windows 10. When I opened Office 2013 components Excel, Word or PowerPoint and tried to print a documents, it didn’t detect the device and poped up the error message “Find in the Directory. Active Directory Domain Services is currently unavailable”. Any solutions to get it working?
How to fix The Active Directory Domain Services Is Currently Unavailable in Windows 10/8.1
Note: Make sure your system is not any part of domain.
* Press Win + R from your keyboard, type regedit and click OK button to open Registry Editor. Or click the Start menu and search for regedit.
* Within the left side pane, navigate to the location below:
* Double-click on CurrentVersion to expand all sub-keys. Right click on PrinterPorts key, and choose Permissions.
* In the “Permissions for Windows” dialog box, select your current user account under Group or user names label, check Allow box next to Full Control, and click Apply > OK button.
* Then repeat the same way above to take ownership for other two subkeys, namely Devices, and another one is Windows.
* Finally reboot the system and restart the printer to checkc if it is fine.