I had linked a credit card to my account and everything worked fine in Windows 8.1. However, now I am unable to make any purchase from app store after upgrade my Surface Pro 4 to Windows 10. When I try to buy content on the new Killer Instinct or get the paid apps like Assassins Creed Pirates, it displays the error message “Give it another try. something went wrong” and I can not figure out how to resolve the problem.
A few people download free apps in Windows 10, but can not purchase anything including paid games, apps, movies and music through the app store. Running sfc /scannow find that no files is corrupted and resetting Windows Store cache is not working, even there is no proxy in the system. If you also get the same issues, try any of the methods to get rid of that.
Log in to another user account
* You can log into a different account, use your sign-in information on the app store in Widnows. Some users have done that and then it allows to purchase the app.
You need to make Windows firewall turned on, because disabling the built-in firewall blocks the store updates and downloads apparently.
* Make sure your account has the your administrator right.
* Type firewall into the search bar, and select “Windows Firewall” from results.
* Select Turn Windows Firewall on or off, and confirm that to turn it on.
* Right click on the start button from your desktop, and select Control Panel from the menu
* Within the old Control Panel, go into Internet Options, and click the Advanced property page.
* Scroll down to Security option, and uncheck “Do not save encrypted pages to disk” box to trun off the function. Then you should be able to purchase normally in the Windows Store.
If all of them still don’t take any effects, you’d better do a refresh of Windows 10.