After my tablet is upgraded to Windows 8.1 Pro from 8, the Internet connection hardly run for about three minutes and then stop working.
I make the troubleshooting through Networking and sharing Center and it shows the message “Ethernet doesn’t have a valid ip configuration” and “Error 651: The modem(pr other connecting device) has reported an error.” How to reoslve the problem?
Many people have got the “Ethernet doesn’t have a valid ip configuration” error and the device can’t connect to Internet after updating to Windows 8.1 or 8. You could try the following solutions to fix the issues:
* The simplest method. Completely shut down the machine to clean something in the BIOS or memory.
1. First shut down the system and switch off the power at the wall.
For PC, pull the power cord out, as well as pull the internal battery out for tablets or laptops.
2. Wait for about five minutes, plug power cord or battery back, and power on your device to boot up again.
* Mess around with drivers and operate the Windows IP Configuration.
1. Make sure you have installed the latest version of Intel or Realtek lan network driver. You can download it from others PC and transfer it.
2. Unplug the LAN cable or disconnect wireless connection.
3. Right click the network icon from taskbar, select “Open network and sharing center”, click “Change adapter settings”, and the network adapter.
4. Select properties, uncheck “Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6)”, select “Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4)”
5. Click Properties button, select “Use the following IP address:” and manually fill in your ip address, subnet mask(255.255.255.0), and default gateway (your router ip address)
6. Select “Use the following DNS server addresses:” > Prefer Alternate DNS server, input your router IP in Default Gateway, and then OK button.