The Microsoft free cloud storage service OneDrive has been launched on iOS, Android, Windows Phone and Windows 8.1, so users can store and access their files and data seamlessly on multiple devices. It brings many great features, such as Real-time collaborative document-editing, automatic photo-upload and camera backup.
If you want to protect your files, try the following tips about how to backup files and settings to OneDrive in Windows 8.1.
* Make sure all your devices have signed in using the same Microsoft account.
* Press the Win key from your keyboard or underneath your tablet’s display to go back to Start Screen.
* Move your mouse cursor to the top-right corner of screen to open Charms Bar. For touch-screen, use finger to swipe in from the right edge.
* Click on the Settings, and then Change PC Settings link at the bottom.
* Select the OneDrive option > Sync Settings.
* In the right pane, switch the related items to be On for enabling the automatical syncing, such as Sync your setting on this PC, Start Screen layout, Desktop Personalization, App data, and WiFi networks.
* When you need to upload any file or folder, open it in File Explorer and click OneDrive icon at the right side.