I have got a new Xbox one and would like to turn my tablet into a second screen for enhancing movies. After setting it up and installing the SmartGlass App on Surface Pro 2, I am attempting to connect to the Xbox and keep getting the error:
“We can’t connect to your console right now. 0x8000001F“. However, I do the same way on Nokia Lumia 920 Windows phone without any problem. Then I run the app on my Windows 8.1 computer and it just works fine. How can I fix the issues?
If your Xbox One can’t connect with SmartGlass on Surface Pro with error 0x8000001F message, try the following tips to get rid of it.
* If you have enabled any VPN connection on the device, disconnect it and go to check if it is fine.
* If you have installed hyper-v feature or Visual Studio 2012/2013 with the WP emulators, it will be bridged to a virtual network and causes the problem. You could try a possible work-around until a solution can be found.
1. From your desktop, right click on network icon at the bottom right of taskbar, and then select “Open Network and Sharing Center” from the menu. You can also access it through Control Panel.
2. Click on “Change adapter settings” link from the left-side.
3. On “Network Connections” page, you should see the virtual network card bridge below:
vEthernet (Internal Ethernet Port Windows Phone Emulator Internal Switch)
vEthernet (Marvell AVASTAR 350N Wireless Network Controller Virtual Switch)
Now delete them completely and then reboot your tablet. That solves problem.