By default you have to run Windows Mail Client by using a Microsoft Account (aka Live ID) in Windows 8.1. Once you login as local account and first launch the app, it will prompt you to “Switch to a Microsoft account on this PC”. However, many people use domain accounts in their company and here are the tips to resolve the problem.
How to use an Enterprise Account to setup Windows 8.1 Mail App without using Microsoft Account
* Log on with the administrator account on your tablet or computer, and go to the desktop screen.
* Press Windows + R keys simultaneously, type GPEDIT.MSC, and click OK button.
* In the left pane of the Local Group Policy Editor, navigate to the tree below:
Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > App runtime
* Go to the right side, double-click on the “Allow Microsoft accounts to be optional“, check Enabled box, and click Apply > OK.
* Now you are able to sigi in with your work account in Windows 8.1 Mail App, and configure your own Email Server settings, such as Email Address, Server Address, Domain, Username and Password.