My Surface RT has been updated to Windows RT 8.1 Preview build, and sometimes the wifi connection has gone suddenly. When I open Setting in Charms bar, the WiFi shows “available” with no bars. I click on its symbol to go to Networks screen, the wifi header under connections has 5 full bars but is limited. Now I am unable to browse Internet freely via a wireless network connection. My friends also get the exact same issue every 5-10 minutes after updated Surface Pro to Windows 8.1.
If you get Limited WiFi connection problem on Windows 8.1 OS, try the following tips to fix the issues.
* Open Control Panel by using small icons,
* Click Device Manager > Network Adapters.
* The Marvell AVASTAR Wireless-N Network Controller (SDIO) or othere WiFI Controller shoud list there. Double-click on it and go to the “Driver” tab.
* Click the box to disable the selected device, and then OK button to apply changes.
* Now try the above method to re-enable it.