I have used a laptop running the Windows 8 Pro 64-bit system. The device comes with all 3 wan miniports, including IP, IPv6 and Network monitor. My network works fine but the WAN miniport(IP) shows “This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device. (Code 31)” with a yellow warning sign in device manager. If I try to update driver software, windows says it’s already installed and up to date. That makes me no way to make VPN connections. Without reinstall windows, is there any solution to solve the WAN miniport (IP) problem?
To get all WAN miniport devices working on Windows 8, you could try the following method to fix the issues by removing each non-working miniport.
* Press Windows + X from keyboard, click Device Manager, and right-click on the non-working miniport.
* Select “Update Driver” > Browse my computer > “Let me pick driver from a list” in the next screen.
* Uncheck “Show compatible hardware” box. Select “Microsoft” from Manufacturer list, and select “Generic Mobile Broadband Adapter” from “Network Adapter” list. Then clikc Next to install it.
* In device manager, locate the “Generic Mobile Broadband Adapter” device and delete it to remove the bad miniports.
* Once you’ve done, reboot your computer to apply all changes.
Now everything is working without any issues in Windows 8.Advertisement