As a proprietary and cross-platform mobile messaging app, WhatsApp Messenger is available for Android, BlackBerry, iPhone, Windows Phone, and Nokia. You are able to send video and audio media messages and share them between mobile devices over 3G or WiFi network. You might be interested in using WhatsApp on Surface Pro tablet or Windows 8 PC, as on smartphones.
How to Install WhatsApp Messenger on Windows 8 PC and Surface tablet
* BlueStacks App Player is a emulator to run Android apps and games on Windows devices, required at least 2GB of physical memory.
* Download BlueStacks App Player from the official website.
* Install the software and register for an account to login.
* In its main screen, click on the little Search icon at top-right corner.
* Type in the keyword WhatsApp, click “Find” button.
* Clcik the “Install” button from the results.
* Now run the WhatsApp to input your mobile number and register. If it fails, smiply manually enter the six digit verification code on the screen.
Update: WhatsApp app in store
It is available on Windows 10/8.1 Mobile device. You are able to send and receive messages, calls, photos, videos, documents, and call friends and family trhough 4G/3G/2G/EDGE or Wi-Fi.
The WhatsApp app is easy to use, but still lacks of the background image for home page. Sometimes it make the Battery draining too fast.
If you would like to use it on your Windows 10 PC, try the WhatsApp Desktop version via the store link.