To Configure a Windows 8 workstation to use an L2TP (Layer Two Tunneling Protocol) or PPTP (Point-to-Point) with VPN on your Surface pro tablet, try the following tips to set up the connection.
* Go to the Windows taskbar area, right-click on Network notification icon, select “Open Network and Sharing Center” from the menu.
* Click Set up a new connection or network > Connect to a workplace > Next > Use my Internet Connection (VPN).
* Select “Don’t connect now…” > type in your L2TP/PPTP VPN Configuration information: Internet Address (VPN server domain or IP address) and Destination name in fields > Next.
* Enter your VPN logon information > check “Remember this password” box > Create.
* Open Network and Sharing Center > click Change adapter settings > right-click the created VPN connection > select Properties > go to Security tab.
For L2TP: Select “Layer 2 Tunneling Protocol with IPsec (L2TP/IPsec)” from the Type of VPN menu. To configure IKE authentication, click Advanced settings > check Use preshared key for authentication > enter the preshared key value in the Key.
For PPTP: choose “Point to Point Tunneling Protocol (PPTP)” from the Type of VPN list.